A certain blue enters your soul.Henri Matisse
Pantone released it’s Color of the Year for 2020 recently and it’s Classic Blue. Pantone’s site says, “Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.“
I can only attest to my own personal feelings about 2020. We are entering into a Presidential Election year, and in the middle of an impeachment hearing for the current president. I live in Los Angeles, and we have an unprecedented homeless crisis that is growing unless we do something. Global warming is a topic that will not go away and we must address. So, it’s time for classic blue and it’s reassuring qualities! I’m all for stability and sometimes color is a state of mind!
I am happy to incorporate this color into my life in a few different ways. Being half Chinese, I am a bit superstitious. I have a 104 year old Chinese grandmother who only knows how to be superstitious! It trickled down to me. One of the lucky Feng Shui colors this year is also metal colors which includes blue! So I guess my blue jeans will bring me luck ; ).
In Feng Shui, blue is symbolic of flowing water and which can bring change and prompt communication. The Chinese feel most positive about lighter shades of blue so Classic Blue is best. As I do annually before each Chinese New Year, I shop for a new decorative item to refresh areas of my home. I like to think it inspires me and gives me new perspective. Just like when you rearrange your living room once in awhile, it makes a difference how you feel.
According to one of my favorite blogs, knowfengshui.com, says, “The Water feng shui element is needed in the North, East and Southeast bagua areas of your space (if you are working with the Classical feng shui bagua). If you are working with the Western/BTB bagua, then bring a strong Water feng shui element decor in your Career and Path in Life, Health and Family and Money and Abundance bagua areas.”
Inspired by Classic Blue?
The 5 Best Classic Blue Home Decor To Buy Now:
1. Candles are always an easy way to incorporate some color to your home. The Capri Blue Candle in Volcano is the company’s best seller and is on trend with Pantone’s chosen blue hue. Described as, “tropical fruits and sugared citrus”. If you don’t like candles are want to remain flameless, opt for the reed diffuseror the diffuser oil for your plug in diffuser.
2. Blue geodes are a great way to add some nature to your home and in Feng Shui belief, to neutralize hectic energy in you living room.
3. A classic velvet mid-century modern chair in blue hue can add some flair to a gray or neutral living space. This one I found has brass colored metal legs and would be an easy way to add some calm warmth to your bedroom, living room, or office.
4. Blue throw pillows can liven up any neutral sofa or chair. These not only come in blue but any color you choose will liven up your space.
5. This abstract geometric blue canvas art with silver is a beautiful addition to your home or office.