Pink is a powerful color.
William Ralston Balch
MEN AND PINK
Before you discover my curated list of pink home decor items, we need to talk about men and their relationship with the color pink. As revealed by my recent blog post, “Top 15 Pink Paint Colors and Palettes for 2020”, I explored the major paint brands that had the warm rosy pink paint color trending for 2020. There are also plenty of color palettes that will help inspire you with your home interior projects.
Unquestionably, we can say bye-bye Millennial pink and hello to more subtle, softer, and sophisticated pinks. These pinks tend to have more yellow vs. white.
Millennial Pink was such a big trend the last couple of years, you saw it all over Instagram and millennial men seem to have embraced it. Now that pink has softened, will men feel the same about pink?
There was a color created called Baker-Miller pink which was created by biosocial researcher, Alexander Schauss. White paint was mixed into red creating this specific color which was tested at naval facilities, specifically in cells to see if it calmed down the prisoners down.
Turns out the study found it lowered blood pressure as well as aggressive behavior. However, other experiments were conducted in the 1980s as well which unfortunately found there was no real effect on humans. Either way, there’s no denying how one feels if your surrounded by anything you love. If you gravitate towards pink, it can only bring you positive vibes!
Interestingly, through. my research, I found a fascinating excerpt from French writer, Xavier de Maistre (1763-1852). He experienced what we would call a staycation in modern times, although he was imprisoned in his room for six weeks. The parody, “Voyage autour de ma chambre” or “A Journey Around My Room” was also considered a travel narrative, even though he didn’t physically go anywhere.
De Maistre mentions he’s wearing his pink and blue pajamas on this “journey” and he has a pink and white bed that he referred to as “the bed white and pink cradle throne of love sepulchre”.
It’s the scene of all human dramas. He found his pink and white bed quite cozy and also referenced that the bed sees all-pretty much sex, birth, death, and of course, the bed is where you rest when you’re sick. So, the bed sees it all! He found solace in his bed. So here I have curated what I think are warm pink home decor items that are fit for any man!
MY UNCLE LIKES PINK
Pink in Chinese culture is a color that they believe brings prosperity and is good luck. My Chinese uncle had a steak restaurant at one point and everything was pink and red in his restaurant. He went a little overboard, but he is the definition of a real manly man. He wasn’t afraid of pink..or a little luck.
You may not want to go pink crazy and commit to painting a room completely pink and that’s quite ok. I am also placing the trend of rose gold items to keep in mind.
As mentioned before, I still have not painted any of my walls ANY color! They are still stark white! I know….I can’t decide! Would my husband approve of pink walls?
As I delve into the color trends for this year, I hope to conclude on the color or colors I (actually we) will commit to. This blog is my journey and can serve as an inspiration to your home decorating ideas. Stay tuned for my final decision later on in the year.
In contrast to this post, my blog post, “10 Best Modern Yellow Accent Chairs on Amazon Right Now”, I reveal what he and I agreed on relating to color. I even show you our dining room with our chair colors we chose. I ran these things I curated for this list by him and he seemed to be quite ok with them.
15 Pink Home Decor Items Men Will Love Too
3. Vänt Upholstered Wall Panels – King/Cal King Size Wall Mounted Headboards – Plush Velvet Dusty Rose – Pack of 4 Panels (Each Individual Panel 39″x11.5″)
4. Victory 1-Large Original pink white and grey Abstract Painting, Contemporary Modern Wall decor Art, 24 x 30 Inches- Ready to hang and Comes with signed certificate of authenticity.
6. Day At The Beach, Abstract Contemporary Tropical Beach Seascape Home Wall Art Decor Print Poster Modern Contemporary Boho Home Decor 11×14 Inches, Unframed
8. 7 Fision Art Modern Colorful Geometric Abstract Oil Painting Canvas Artwork Picture for Dining Room Living Room Home Wall Décor 24x36Inch
10. Dream in Color, Minimalist Abstract Art, Blue, Pink and Cream Contemporary Wall Art For Bedroom and Home Decor, Modern Boho Art Print Poster For Her and Him 11×14 Inches, Unframed
11. Iconic Home Quebec Sofa Velvet Upholstered Vertical Channel-Quilted Shelter Arm Tufted Design Modern Contemporary, Blush
12. Well Woven Mandy Blush Pink Modern Geometric Zigzag Stripes Pattern Area Rug 8×10 (7’10” x 10’6″)
13. KMAOMAOYHYH Hand Painted Oil Painting On Canvas,Beautiful Pink Pattern Design Wall Art Hd Vintage Posters Wall Pictures Modern Painting for Living Room Study Room Corridor Decor 48X60Inch No Frame
14. Coavas Dining Chairs Set of 4, Kitchen Chairs with Fabric Cushion Seat Back, Modern Mid Century Living Room Side Chairs with Sturdy Metal Legs for Kitchen Dining Room, Pink